Monday, June 11, 2007

Phoning it in

Hello Fishies!

I had wondered how it was that they handled the chats on the Discovery channel. Knowing these guys and their typing skill (or lack thereof) I just couldn’t see how they did it. Word has filtered down to me that they don’t go near the keyboard. They are on a land line and it is all handled verbally with someone from DC doing the typing. This explains some of the odd verbiage in some of the chats. There are words and phrases in them that just didn’t track, but now it’s clear.

If you have not read them, I urge you to go to the Discovery site and do so. To me there is a dramatic difference between the persons shown on the TV and those in the chats. I’d go with the chats!

Stay tuned!

<’)))>{

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting topic... I think I read a post a while back on the Discovery message boards from someone going by the handle of "Blake's Cuz" about info that pretty much verified this point - she said that Blake answered the questions during his chat over the phone and someone at Discovery did the actual typing. And while we're on this topic, I have to say I was surprised that no one posed a question about the whole Phil-Blake fishing hotspot controversy to Phil when he and his son Josh were having their online chat several weeks back. It makes you wonder if someone did try to submit the question, but Discovery didn't want to let it through to Phil (to avoid spoiling their story line perhaps).

The Fish Wife said...

I guess I had missed that earlier information about the phones. I just learned about it before I posted the story. Good point about them not letting certain questions through to Phil for fear of trashing that silly story line!