Friday, June 08, 2007

One for all or one for one?

Hello Fishies!

Try as I might, I just couldn’t find a real theme for this latest episode of After the Catch. Well, other than getting Sig, Phil, Jon and Larry on camera. Guess the devotion to them on DC isn’t enough? Running joke is the quickest way to get hurt is to get between them and a camera….So they trotted out Keith, Rick and Corky and for what? All Corky had hoped for with the show was to get a little positive air time for the Aleutian Ballad. Now all he is remembered for is the rogue wave and near disaster. Wonder how those who are planning on taking the tour on the AB feel about that? I sure hope it doesn’t hurt the AB!

Fishies, these guys just do not hang out together in Ballard or anyplace else for that matter. Fact is, some of them detest each other and make no secret of that fact. Sure, they may run into one another in a two-bar town in Alaska, but that’s about it. Watching I can’t help but wonder something. You see, there was this wrap party for Deadliest Catch and some of the guys were there. Seems there is this picture of Sig kissing another guy at that party. (Don’t forget that article in Men’s Journal). Somehow or another, those pictures got plastered all over Dutch and other towns. Rumor has it that it was Johnathan…

Looking at these guys sitting around that table, I for one couldn’t miss the expressions on some of their faces. Some sure didn’t seem happy to be there. For some, it was the way they or their boat was treated, and for others, it was the company. This show has certainly taken its toll on the people involved. Early on they signed an agreement promising “one for all and all for one.” Well, someone seems to have forgotten about that as its one for one for some. Lawyers are now involved and I am hearing of lawsuits being filed.

It’s a sad day.

Stay tuned!

<’)))>{

3 comments:

wishiniwasfishin said...

FROM HERO'S TO ZERO'S That's about all I can muster. It's almost embarrassing to watch. In a way, it actually is. Loved the joke though. Hee hee.

The Fish Wife said...

LOL yes you have sure nailed that one - Heroes to zeros! Love it!

Adux said...

I remember my buddy telling me how excited he was that DC was considering putting his boat on the show. And I was excited too, you know, because I thought it would be rad for him to be on tv. Neither he, nor the boat he fishes on, was ever featured and some times I'm glad that it wasn't. I can just imagine what people would be saying about him on the forums. But it's no better in the industry itself; when fishermen get together, they can be worse than a sewing circle! That's why I take care of fish now, rathing than catching them (I work at a Public Aquarium), even though my grampa is probably rolling in his watery grave over my choice of work ;)