Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Another Boat Dog!

Greetings Fishies!

Word has come my way that the TimeBandit now has a boat dog. I don’t have any of the details as to breed, name etc. I hope that Discovery will show this dog as well as Taz of the Maverick.

I want to clear something up that I posted a while back about the TB. Seems there was some confusion. The Hillstrand brothers sold almost all of their king crab quota. There was a rumor that they informed their crew via text message, and yet another rumor that they allowed the boys to get all the way up to the boat before they were told. Either way, the crew you knew will not be on the back deck.

Its my understanding that the TimeBandit's boat website was created and managed by Mike Fourtner. Since he appears to no longer be employed by the TB, that may be the reason you can no longer access the site.

The TB was slated to be a secondary boat in the television series for king crab as they had almost no king crab to catch. At the last minute they leased some quota. I do not know if this will bring them from secondary to main or not. Editing will tell…..

Stay tuned!

<’)))>{

2 comments:

Bren said...

Through the grapevine, I heard that a poster from another site, whose posts have been consistent with misinformation, saying the new dog is a Jack Russell Terrier. I have also heard this other site is now owned and controlled by another on of our captains.

However, from one of my very reliable sources, I heard quite awhile back not only did the TB sell most of their quota but the TB as well to Trident and now work exclusively under contract for Trident. It was also at this time I was informed of the crew changes as all of the brothers were supposedly fishing both crab seasons. I did, however, hear quite awhile back the recently married Mike F. did get a job on another crab boat. Again, this is just hearsay as I honestly had no interest in pursuing this.

On camera, the editing crew makes the Hillstrand brothers seem very funny and extremely likable and I hope this is not just the creative editing they are so well known for. I really can’t imagine that the brothers would let their crew waste time and money to come up to Alaska only to be informed of their unemployed status. Getting this news by text message seems very cold as it would seem the only way to deliver such news, would be a phone call.

Love to ya FW!
Bren

The Fish Wife said...

Thanks Bren!
Yes, the Hillstrand brothers are indeed very likeable fellows. Why they treated the crew as they did is beyond me.
I am not sure which forum you are talking about?