Saturday, November 04, 2006

The F/V Time Bandit

Hello Fishies!

I am still hard at work trying to verify some most interesting information regarding one of the boats in the Deadliest Catch....here is what I know right now:

Some time back there was speculation brought on by a news story about the TimeBandit. That story indicated that both the boat and all of it's crab quota was for sale. None other than the Hillstrand brothers themselves vigorously denied that the boat or the quota was available.

If my information is correct, and I believe that it is, the Hillstrand brothers sold the bulk of their king crab quota. This writer can not argue with any business decision that some one makes. However, I most certainly would have told my crew well in advance of their arrival in Alaska.

The current crew of the Time Bandit is the three Hillstrand brothers plus one deck hand. The rest of the crew are out of jobs. It now makes perfect sense as to why the Discovery Channel chose to use them as a minor boat.

Stay tuned!

<')))>{

No comments: